Saturday, December 11, 2010

Buying BBC Books

Right now...as I type...Books A Million has our book list (well, a lot of it) for 2.97 a book. Cool, huh? If anyone needs any ideas for Christmas presents for me...well, there you go.

BTW, I may end up being the only female in the entire world who is not enamored with Pride and Predjudice. I find it girly and roll my eyes a lot as I read. I am hoping it gets better. Jane reminds me of the sickly little girl in Little Women who was sugary sweet, and Elizabeth may be smart but she has no spine (although Barbara says she has as much spine as the culture of the day allows). I absolutely can not STAND Darcy, and as of now the only saving grace is Mr. Bennett, who is absolutely hilarious, and I picture him smoking a pipe, rolling his eyes from behind his book, and grumbling smart ass comments under his breath regarding his life full of estrogen and high-pitched squeals.

Bless his heart.

1 comment:

  1. You are killing me! Hang in there. It is one of the best books I've ever read. And I'm picky.

    ReplyDelete