Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Done (spoiler alert)

They got married...shocking.

I will admit, it has some good one liners:

Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves, vanity to what we would have others think of us.

Happiness in marriage is entirely a matter of chance.


It is better to know as little as possible of the defects of the person with whom you are to pass your life.

A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony, in a moment.

Stupid men are the only ones worth knowing after all.

What are men to rocks and mountains?

And my personal favorites:

Think only of the past as its remembrance gives you pleasure.


I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.

I also like the relationship between Mr. Bennett and Elizabeth. And I like that I have read the book now. But I am still not fond of this type of writing about nothing really of significance.

No comments:

Post a Comment