Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I was tagged. (Or "The things I actually care enough to be competitive about"

Here are six things about me:

1. I am a perfectionist. I hate hate hate to be outdone by anyone when it comes to teaching. This is one of the reasons why Petal will be good for me because it is full of great teachers. I may have to put a lot of effort into being the best; I guess I need competition to challenge me.

2. Number one will be a surprise to my sister because I am not very competitive when it comes to anything that I am not already good at. Por ejemplo, sports, games, bowling, etc. If I am not already good at something, I have no drive to become good, and I don't really care that I am not good at it. In fact, I think it is funny that I am bad at it.

3. I can not draw or place things in a straight line...AT ALL...this poses a real problem when decorating a classroom. This coupled with the fact that I can not "cutsie, artsie" write makes it impossible for me to create much for my classroom, so Jenny has to do all my writing for me, and she does with little complaint and that is why I love her.

4. I really want to be a good cook. I am semi-okay; Cooking, teaching, being a stronger Christian, and a GREAT mom are the ONLY things I strive to become better at. (See answers 1 and 2, I am starting to see an emerging theme to this post.

5. I am a better and more happier mom when I am working. I mean to say that I enjoy being a mom more when I am working. I asked Bryan if this, in fact, makes me a worse mom and he half-jokingly, half-seriously said YES. Oh well, I told him that is because he does not watch Ty all day when we are out for the summer, and I am the one that becomes exhausted trying to chase down and entertain a one-year old all day while Bryan is being a boat whore. When I am working I can really make the most of the time Ty and I have together because it is not long enough for either of us to get sick of each other. I don't think that makes me a bad mother.

6. I have not felt nauseaus at all lately and that is AWESOME! (and I am scared to death so maybe the fact that I don't feel sick AND I am terrified of starting school means I have a handle on this Anxiety/Panic Disorder Attack icky thing.

Kal you are it. Although you prolly didn't make it through reading this to know that, so I will just tell you that you are it at school next week cause WE ARE COWORKERS NOW, HELLS YEA-YER!

2 comments:

  1. You called Bryan a "boat whore" that is funny. I don't think that makes you a bad mom; makes you honest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You're blogging! I love it and can't wait to read more!

    So, um, more please!

    love you!
    a

    ReplyDelete