Saturday, December 12, 2009

Steak, it's what's for dinner...Thanksgiving dinner that is!

I took this same picture last year, and I think it is on this blog somewhere. Well, here we are a year later, same place, same mommy and dat boy.



If someone could please tell me how to tell blogger where I want pictures to be in relation to words, instead of them deciding where things should be, I would really appreciate it. But until then, you will see pictures first and then clever anecdote, instead of vice versa like I had intended.



Thanksgiving morning...my boys being cutest ever.

I made chocolate chip waffles and they were amazing...kind of like eating a stack of chocolate chip cookies in syrup. Wow!


Ty was a fan! He ate them while he watched the Macey's Thanksgiving Day parade.





Yummy! (Actually, this was a totally different day, but I thought the picture was cute and shows how big Dat Boy is getting.)



We went to Lewis Smith Farm to get our tree. Ty liked this one, but everyone knows that at our house this would hardly suffice...ah well, he will learn.





I am so proud of myself for these tables...Ya'll know I am not crafty, so this is pretty good for me. I can't even draw a straight line, and I have no idea what looks good together. Jenny says this character trait makes me interesting. So there!



This AMAZING bouquet came from University Florist, and was arranged by Glenn. He is amazing! and nice! You should call him for all your floral needs.




At the beginning of our Thanksgiving holiday, we took a little trip to spend some time with some wonderful, wonderful friends. This is Ty and Averie at the Atlanta Aquarium. They play together so well, and make me homesick. Or should it be "faraway sick" as Scott and Andie are the ones so far away!




At the top of a big rock with Dano and Jettica.



Cute Anecdote to follow...finally...



Well, we tried to change tradition, but in my family that is an unforgivable sin. Bryan and I casually mentioned having filet mignon with a lovely hollandaise or red wine sauce, and you would have thought we suggested giving Ty up for adoption. What a fall out! Yelling, screaming, mad facebooking; it was insane. Anywho, we gave in when mom and dad were not able to be here to fork over the money for the steaks. HA! Be honest, people, if you were at a wedding and the menu for you to choose from said "Turkey cutlet with pan roasted gravy" or "Filet Mignon with a red wine reduction," which would you choose? Hmmmm?

I thought so!

But, alas, turkey IS cheap and DOES feed a crowd, and as long as I don't have to cook it...
and THAT, my friends, was Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment